Friday, September 21, 2012

Studio Tour Time! (Picture Heavy)

Greetings! Now that the beasts and I are getting settled in, it's time to show all of you where the beasts come from: the studio! It's partially underground, so I refer to it as "the lair". I think it works though, some creature is usually asleep inside.





Some piles of fabric for tomorrow's sewing escapades. There's fabric for demons, and the other stuff I dyed with tea earlier this week. My sketchbook is next to them, usually I carry it around the house with me for drawing silly things I think of. Do any of you do that?




This is my pincushion Max. One day I might give him some back legs... maybe.




Skunk skull, miscellaneous bones, and new tags for the beasties.




In the corner of the room, there's two huge chests on their ends. Beelzebub likes to perch up there like a gargoyle and watch me work. Every once in a while he gets up and comes over to ask for a treat or to get a good belly rub.

Hagatha decided she was going to let you all in on the ritual she uses to bring the beasts to life. Usually when she pulls spirits out of the ether, she doesn't let anyone watch. So I was quick to grab my camera and sit back to watch the magic.




This is my favorite of the photos- our newest beast, Grim Jones is in the middle, wavering in and out of reality. Awesome, right?






Grim

I'll try to get some better pictures if she lets me watch again :)
Have a great weekend!
xx
The Beast Peddler

No comments:

Post a Comment